Funding & Bursaries
The full cost of YMLP is £2500. While participants are expected to seek funding for their place on the course, there are a number of bursaries available to cover some or all of the cost of YMLP.
Please read carefully
1. Please attach the following documents (or arrange for them to be forwarded to OCIS by the deadline):
a. A personal statement of not more than 750 words that includes:
- Your objectives in applying for YMLP
- Previous experience (gained, for example, from volunteering, education or employment) and personal qualities that make you a strong candidate for this programme.
- How your participation in this programme will benefit your career
- How your participation in this programme will benefit your community
b. Two confidential letters of recommendation from referees who can assess your potential.
These can be either emailed to YMLP@oxcis.ac.uk or posted to:
The Coordinator YMLP
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies
2. Only completed applications will be acknowledged. If your application is not acknowledged please check that all documents
have been submitted (including references).
3. Applications are assessed on the quality of application and the potential benefit the applicant may derive from attending YMLP. Some account is taken of preference for gender balance and the diversity of backgrounds of applicants. The ability of an applicant to pay for the course is not currently a selection criterion.