An important priority for the Centre is to facilitate understanding of issues that require knowledge of the culture and civilization of Islam and of contemporary Muslim societies. The scope of this involvement has included the following projects:
- The Young Muslim Leadership Programme;
- Policy oriented studies of social, political and economic aspects of Muslim communities in Britain, particularly focusing on housing needs;
- Workshops on 'Islam and Water' and 'Islam and the Natural Environment';
- Educating the Educators programme offers workshops for teachers of Religious Studies and school administrators to provide a better understanding of Islam and of the needs of Muslim pupils; and
- Seminars for Oxford University's Foreign Service Programme.